Saturday, April 14, 2007

I am Mom - Sept 2004

I am Mom, and here’s what I love.

The sound of little voices saying, “Mmmmm” when they sit down to dinner.

When my baby girl wears her snow boots with her summer dress in July.

The look of little angels snuggled in their beds dreaming sweet dreams with their perfect pouted lips and curly black eyelashes.

Little butts running away from the bath tub giggling giggling giggling

Little girls carefully wrapping their baby dolls in blankets and saying things like, “it’s alright, mommy’s here.”

Hearing “shanks mom” for a glass of apple juice and knowing they mean it.

Watching my boy read and read and love to read.

Snuggling in the hammock with a blanket, a boy and books.

Really bad jokes that they think are hysterical

The smell of chocolate milk and pancake syrup.

The fact that my 2 year old can smell chocolate from 3 doors down.

When my 6 year old covers me up with a blanket and says “there mom, I’ll fix it.”

Listening to the Lion King CD every time we get in the car.

When my baby boy takes care of my baby girl and knows just what she needs.

Listening to them laugh hysterically at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment